Online sports betting is quite popular especially in this modern days wherein technologies are really reliable. Every sports fan all over the world can easily place their bets through the use of the internet. With the use of betting strategies, the probability of winning your bets increases.
There are different kinds of betting system and strategies in sports betting. But did you know that there are most used betting strategies that is not working? What are the common mistakes of an online bettor in sports betting? Many sports gamblers believes that those betting strategies work but the truth is actually it doesn’t. This article will show the best betting strategies to use in online sports betting and the strategies that you should avoid.
Most Used Betting Strategies That Is Not Working
Sports betting strategies to avoid
There are some betting strategies that are commonly used that a certain bettor has to avoid. The following are the common mistakes or betting strategies of a sports bettor that should be avoided:
- Avoid bet chasing – it is the most sinful thing that any online sports bettors could do. Bet chasing means trying to get back all of your previous losses on the next bet. Chasing bets will lead into so much trouble. Many sports bettors who did this turned into a broke bettor because this strategy ruined their bankrolls. Don’t attempt to increase the amounts of your bets when you lose the previous game just to chase your loss. Have faith and believe on your betting strategy and be a good decision-maker.
- Placing bets at your favorite team / athlete – this is one of the most common mistakes of an online sports bettor, especially the inexperienced or first time bettors. It is okay if your favorite team or athletes win almost every game, but there are times that this strategy doesn’t work. Try to analyze every team or athlete and place your bets to the best one. Don’t depend your bets on your favorite team or individuals.
- Depending on lucks – gambling of course is a matter of luck, but you don’t have to just depend your bets on your luck. You have to strategize well and make a right decisions.
- Betting on different sports games – this is common to the beginners or inexperienced bettors. Most of them are placing their bets to different sports game to have a higher chance of gaining huge amount of profits. It is not advisable to do that kind of strategy most especially if you are not that knowledgeable to the sports you are placing your bets. You might ended up losing all your bankrolls by this kind of wrong strategy.
Betting systems to use
Sports betting systems are a structured approach to any kinds of gambling to increase the percentage of winning or gaining a high profit. These are some of the most used sports betting systems:
- Handicap betting – also known as line betting, points betting, the spread and Asian handicap is assigning advantage through scoring compensation. This also applies to various methods by which advantage is calculated. This kind of betting system applied to the practice of predicting the result of a sports match. Handicap betting is used in many sports games such as basketball, soccer, baseball, ice hockey, tennis, and many more.
- Over/Under – a bet wherein a sportsbook will predict a number in a certain game and bettors wager that the actual number in a certain game will be higher or lower than that number. A sportsbook’s goal is to have an equal value of bets of this kind of betting system. It means, the manager could set the value at 0 and then adjust it based on either the number of incoming bets. The initial value is both quantitative.
- Odd/Even – is based on the number of points scored by the teams that are competing in a certain sports match. The scores will be combined together to produce an odd or even number. It can be implied either halftime of fulltime series of the game. In other words, it is an outcome or combined score that will be above or below a number established by the bookmaker.
- Halftime/Fulltime – is one of the easiest and best type of betting system. HT/FT is predicting the halftime or fulltime score of a certain game. It covers the 90 minute game (it excludes the overtimes). This type of betting systems is applicable to all sports that are played in two halves.
- Outright – is a bet placed on the outcome of an entire league of a certain sports game rather than the outcome of individual sports game. Usually, the bets in this kind of betting system placed before the start of the season. Outright bet is characterized by higher returns compared to a bets of an individual match.
- 1×2 – also known as match betting, three-way betting, and full time betting is a type of sports betting system wherein a draw is a possible outcome.
Two of the best sports betting system
Handicap and Halftime/Fulltime betting system are two of the best sports betting system to use in any sports betting games. They are the most easiest and simple betting system that any online sports bettor can use. Almost all online sports bettors prefers to use these two sports betting systems because these are the most understandable and simplest among any types of sports betting systems.
Online sports betting is not as easy as you think it is. You have to know the things that should be avoided and the things you have to consider when you are betting online. It is important to be familiarized and have enough knowledge on the betting systems in sports. In can be used as a guide on your betting experience.
The most important thing to do in an online sports betting is, you have to enjoy every single moment of your betting experience. It is more exciting when you are enjoying while earning lots of money at the same time.